tetra tanks (petco sale) tempered or not? answered

monkiboy

i was at petco last night (taking advantage of the final days of the "$1/gallon sale") getting a bunch of tanks for a new, improved, and larger qt/treatment system and was told they switched manufacturers from aqueon to tetra.

with the aqueon, i am very familiar with which tanks could be drilled and there is a nice sheet available online as well (http://www.aqueonproducts.com/assets/011/19784.pdf).

i was not familiar with the tetra brand so i got on google to check. despite numerous threads asking about the subject they all digressed into debates, how to drill a tank, what kind of overflow is best, etc with no actual responses or follow up.

so ... thought i'd post up after speaking to tetra about some of the more common tanks people get.

10, 20L, 29 - all no tempered glass
40B - bottom tempered
55g - all tempered

Good info to have. Thanks for doing the legwork for us.

Yea so a week ago I didn't see the sticker on the bottom brace on my 55 that said all panels tempered glass. The glass shattered into a million pieces like a car window.

I'm glad Marco found out about this.  I had drilled a 40B I got from them in the bottom in the past.  An Aqueon 40B is the biggest tank they have with a non-tempered bottom, as far as I recall.  So Tetra ones have tempered.  Oh well.

i was at petco last night (taking advantage of the final days of the "$1/gallon sale") getting a bunch of tanks for a new, improved, and larger qt/treatment system and was told they switched manufacturers from aqueon to tetra.

with the aqueon, i am very familiar with which tanks could be drilled and there is a nice sheet available online as well (http://www.aqueonproducts.com/assets/011/19784.pdf).

i was not familiar with the tetra brand so i got on google to check. despite numerous threads asking about the subject they all digressed into debates, how to drill a tank, what kind of overflow is best, etc with no actual responses or follow up.

so ... thought i'd post up after speaking to tetra about some of the more common tanks people get.

10, 20L, 29 - all no tempered glass

40B - bottom tempered

55g - all tempered

Great info!! You saved me a phone call I've been putting off... Thanks a bunch!