Corals I'm donating to this Saturday's raffle (12/16)

copps

Hey guys, for those of you who don't know this Saturday we are having an auction to benefit the Waikiki Aquarium... all the information can be found in this thread...

I've known Charles Delbeek for a few years now and each time I've met up with at the Waikiki Aquarium he's stopped what he'd been doing to show me around. He does this for countless reefers in the hobby and every time I see him I've asked how I could pay him back. I introduced him for his speech last year at MACNA that was very popular, and the time has come to give back...

Among the corals I'll be adding to the auction are these...

Rainbow Montipora- This is a limited edition Steve Tyree piece that is available at reeffarmers.com... the catch is that the waiting list is currently backlogged to April 2010 (literally!) for the $105 tiny fragments... LE or not, this is a beautiful truly unique Montipora that shows different colored polyps as shown... The picture I'm posting is of the exact frag you'll receive if you're the highest bidder this Saturday... it's fully encrusted and looking beautiful...

rainbow.jpg

Original Superman Montipora- This is a direct decendant of hands down the most infamous Montipora out there... the original Superman... I've had it for years before it was even called "Superman" and have distributed it since then... from Florida to Alaska... and have an encrusted frag up for auction Saturday... again this is a WYSIWYG piece... Apologies for the poor pic, but it's zoomed in... To read an excellent thread on it's history (I'm Copps on RC), Check this out...

superman.jpg

Idaho Grape Plating Montipora- A beautiful grape color on this fully plating Monti that is another Tyree piece that has a waiting list to 2008. This monti grows well and keeps it color even under VHOs... The piece I auction will be decent sized...

Idaho_grape.jpg

I may throw in a few more... I hope this turns out to be a good auction...

Copps

I should probably post pictures of the corals that I will be including in the auction. As I will not be there, I will be hand delivering all the corals that are won from me.

Just so there is something for everyone there will be 2 softies, 2 SPS, and 2 LPS:

SPS:

Coral #1 (what I'm calling the Leishman acro, cause he wants a frag): It's a 2 branch frag (V shaped) each branch is 1-1.5"

spsmulti01.jpg

Coral #2 Blue/Pink Stylo... a gorgeous coral at least a 3 headed section:

bluepinkstylo03.jpg

Softies:

Coral #3 (these are called Orange people eaters, but they look red to me): Frag will be 5-7 polyps

rpe11.jpg

Coral #4 Green tree leather (this will be a large branch 4-6" tall):

limeleather04.jpg

LPS

Coral #5 20+ head frag of my large hammer coral:

hammer06.jpg

Coral #6 a 4 head frag of this green and purple tip frogspawn:

frogspawn04.jpg

Dave

I'll donate an 8" blue stag colony and a frag or 2 of other stuff

Stag seen top left in this pic: (Please note is no longer as big as in the pic, but it is still ~8")

Right_Center.jpg

A frag of this lilac stag:

Lilac_Stag.jpg

A frag of this Stylo

-Rik