Tank Tour in March - Copps, Bemmer and Dbartco

Guest Bemmer

Guest Bemmer

Hey All,

Pull out your calendars and mark the date and time...

Date: Saturday, March 24

Times:

Doug: 12-3 p.m. Purcellville, VA [270g sps reef tank with frag tank, 125 FOWLR, 30g seahorse]

949 Devonshire Circle

Purcellville, VA 20132

703-395-5190

MAP But mapquest driving directions suck, so

From 267 toll road:

7W to Rt. 287 (Berlin Turnpike) South (left at light, about .5 mile)

At the stop, go right onto Main Street. (about 1 mile)

Left on 32nd Street (rt 690 South) (about .7 mile)

Left on "A" street (.1 miles)

Right on Devonshire Circle (.1 miles)

6th house on left

Rebecca: 2-5 p.m. Leesburg, VA [Main tank is 225g and the seahorse tank is 40g. Both are in-wall with a fish room behind them.]

John: 12-10 p.m. Leesburg, VA [180g sps reef tank & 2 x 54g corner tanks next to each other to make semi-circle - lots of rare fish; 125g frag system]

Please indicate which tour(s) you will be coming to so we know how many folks we have coming to each house. Maps will be located at each house to get you from point A to B to C.

Coming to all three...awesome, just let us know. As the date gets closer, one of us will PM you with directions.

Thanks. :wig:

John, Rebecca and Doug

[Gator edited to add in size of tanks :cheers: ]

Edited by dbartco

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bemmer

Glad to see if have a few people interested in coming to see our tanks. :biggrin:

Chip (flowerseller) is going to be posting our information on the Tank Tour forum for us. So, keep watching. Once the info is initially posted on the TT forum, we will be adding a bio to let you know a little about us.

Thanks again.

Rebecca, Doug and John

Edited by Bemmer

Now THIS would be the cadillac of tours for sure!!!!

:cheers:

Me, myself and I will be there!!

And I'm bring waffles, cause when breakfast rolls around..

...I'm MAKING WAFFLES!!

I'll make the trip...

Is it ok to add this to our calendar and link off our front page?

Dave

Guest Bemmer

I'll make the trip...

Is it ok to add this to our calendar and link off our front page?

Dave

Okay by us!!!

Guest Bemmer

What size tanks do each of you have. Are we riding out to see 3 nano systems. :wink: (searches post, sees 0 size info in details category).

:smokin:

Bring your magnifying glass...it will look bigger. :lol2:

For me, the main tank is 225g and the seahorse tank is 40g. Both are in-wall with a fish room behind them. I have a thread on the members discussion forum that details the setup and ongoing activity with my tank.

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7426

Hope to see ya at the tour.

R-

Edited by Bemmer

Guest Bemmer

Just a thought...

For those of you who might want to make an additional side trip...as if seeing three tanks is not enough...The Leesburg Premium Outlets are less than three minutes from John (Copps) and me (Bemmer). Bring family and drop them off (that buys YOU more time to visit).

R-

well i had already talked to john and doug about visiting their tanks individually so now i can just come to see both and look at the link of the third tank but i have never spoken to the owner

What size tanks do each of you have. Are we riding out to see 3 nano systems. :wink: (searches post, sees 0 size info in details category).

:smokin:

As if you weren't just out to get some frags... :biggrin:

For me, I have two systems... one is a total of about 400 gallons, with a 180 gallon display and a 6' x 2' x 17" 125 gallon frag system, 40 gallon fuge and 90 gallon sump... Here is a now dated picture of feeding time I posted in another thread... Chris has been over to take recent pics but I'll hold off on those for now :)

180_fish.jpg

My other system is about 150 gallons or so, consisting of two 54 gallon corner tanks making a half circle that feature some very rare angelfish that made history spawning for a friend in Hawaii who runs www.rcthawaii.com, and are now retired. I have a thread here on RC talking about them... these tanks are still being worked on but will be display quality hopefully by the tank tour...

Look forward to seeing everyone!

John

Guest Bemmer

well i had already talked to john and doug about visiting their tanks individually so now i can just come to see both and look at the link of the third tank but i have never spoken to the owner

Hi Jamal,

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about my tank prior to the tour. Hope you enjoyed the info on my tank setup thread.

Rebecca

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bemmer

Well,

It is time to stir the pot again. We are less than a month away from the TT of three very cool tanks. Looks like we will be getting a pretty good size crowd. Can you please post in this thread if you are coming and if so, if you plan to come to all the tours so we can get a head count.

In the upcoming weeks we will all post a brief bio about our tanks and our saltwater experience with this crazy yet obsessive hobby. So, keep watching...

R-

ive got it on the calendar

to not try to be at this tour would be like missing a Johnnys out at BRK everything must go sale

hope you all have plenty of small bills for change incase of frag purchases :P