TOTM?

Leishman

Absolutely - though we might have to have a special category. "Finest coralline growth."

You been off on a vacation or business trip?

bob

Thanks Rik! My tanks have been neglected lately and I've been felling bad about the way they looked. Your pics make me feel much better! :clap:

Just out of curiosity - how long did it take to get it that way? I know you have phenomenal growth in your systems, but that seems over the top.

bob

I like it cause it looks like your coming back in balance and I'm happy for you.

Bust off that coraline and the SPS can use the Ca themselves.

But I'd vote for it.

Best recovery

Prettiest color glass

Tank surrounded by the nicest custon enclosure

Is there really a soccer /hockey goal in there?

Welcome back Rik!

Wow, when the pictures first started to load I thought maybe it was a camera problem!

Awesome.

TOTM?

With some top-down shots or better yet some inside-the-tank shots with that underwater camera of yours, probably. I bet the fish love it like that.

Edited by Rascal

With some top-down shots or better yet some inside-the-tank shots with that underwater camera of yours, probably.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that camera, in that case...yes. This also explains why you wanted so many mirrors on the ceiling of your fish room......

It took 2 1/2 - 3 weeks to look like this. I doubt I'll have the time or energy to clean it in the next 2 1/2 - 3 weeks, so it should look even worse better by then.

It took 2 1/2 - 3 weeks to look like this. I doubt I'll have the time or energy to clean it in the next 2 1/2 - 3 weeks, so it should look even worse better by then.

Just clean some 'spots' so you can actually see your corals :)

bob

I see tanks that look like this all the time. Usually they are as a result of months of neglect, only really good reefers can have a tank go so bad good so quickly. I have a few suggestions for anyone that gets behind in cleaning corilline:

For a glass tank:

The metal razor blade that you glue onto a mag float cleaner magnet. If your glass is thicker, still use a mag float to glue the blade holder to but use a tunze or other "real" magnet on the outside.

Get an Urchin.

For an acrylic tank:

Invest the time in getting used to using a metal scraper blade on your acrylic tank. Practice on a back wall or scrap acrylic. Always use a new blade and "prep" that blade on glass to smooth any small burs, and then test it on the top or back wall of the tank before putting it to a viewing pane.

You may at some point need a scratch removal kit, but you will prolly need one of those anyway.