Another Kalk Overdose!

phisigs79

So i have been sick and in pain for 5 days with my whole wisedom teeth thing. Well i hadnt paid alot of attention to the tank and looked yesterday at the sump and noticed it was really low. Checked the topoff pump and it was jammed and looked to have been that way for 2 days judging by the level of the sump. So i cleaned it and set the timmer for 15min (also attached to a float switch) instead of the 5min i usually keep it on., thinking ill bump it up some and let time fix itself. Well this morning i can down to a some what cloudy tank. I could see through the tank but it was alittle cloudy. The last time this happened my tank was completely white and i couldnt see 2 inches in front of me. This time is not nearly as bad. Couple things worried me as i left. 1) Ph was sitting at 8.92 (topoff might have been off for 45 min before i saw this) 2) Big turbo snail was releasing sperm like fluid over and over 3) Wrasse didnt look so hot and was surrounded by slime. No other corals looked like they had slimed up and had great polp extension. Dont feel well still and hope everything at home is ok when i get there this afternoon. On the plus side last time i just let everything settle out and lost only one coral. Man i hope my week gets better :why:

Edited by phisigs79

1) Ph was sitting at 8.92 (topoff might have been off for 45 min before i saw this)

2) Big turbo snail was releasing sperm like fluid over and over

3) Wrasse didnt look so hot and was surrounded by slime.

Chris that doesn't sound too bad:

1. As chip said in the past is best to let it correct itself, make sure you keep the lights off at least for today. When the lights come on PH will rise, keep that in mind.

2. Not sure

3. Wrasses wrap themselves in a mucus when stressed and for protection, I think your wrasse will be ok.

Wrasse was what worried me the most. Didnt realize they put up a slime coat that big

It's double worse to find this stuff happen when having physical health stuff with pain to deal with.

Im leaving in 15min to go home and see if there is any damage. I really need to get a AC3 to prevent this stuff and get a call when this stuff happens.

(edited)

No losses and ph sitting at 8.3. Im content at the moment

Edited by phisigs79