To this:

Sump1.jpg

SumpTopView.jpg

Construction is:

• 1st Class
  • Top Notch
  • Five Star
  • etc..

All I need now is my new tank, a few days to finish the basement, and my team of 'reefing experts' to assist in the move.

That looks great! Jeff made both by 96 DT and my (still empty) 90 frag-tank. Great work! I'd post pics but a bunch of cyano covered rocks doesn't look that great :-(

(edited)
So what is the "downsized" tank that thing is for. Doesn't seem like you are reducing anything. :)

The sump I have right now is ~48x30x17 and would not fit under the new tank (plus the frag tank is going so I need to replace it with space in the sump).

The tank I have now is 60x36x25, the new one is 36x36x24.

Old system ~400g

New system ~180g

Edited by Leishman

Awesome sump :clap: ...Is that a bubble king? I love bubble king's :excl:

Kind of. It's a Royal-Exclusiv Alpha 300 Cone made by Vertex Aquaristik

Justin is right. Fortunately for you, it's a neasy fix. Just flip the main display tank around 180 degrees. Put the front vewing panel facing the wall and the back panel facing towards the room and voil

(edited)

From this:

What I want is a water mixing tank (with some kind of a lid - |-----------------------|). I want about 40 gallons.

33" tall, by 18 inches wide by 16 inches deep would give me about 40 gallons - and would fit where I want it.

To this:

Old trash can...

oldtrashcan.jpg

New trash can...

newtrashcan.jpg

Thanks, Jeff!!

bob

Edited by lanman

(edited)

D90FirstPics302.jpg

D90FirstPics301.jpg

My new pimped out sump. Middle compartment is a refugium with a divider should I find a reason for dividing my refugium (mantis shrimp or frag tank?). Right hand compartment has bulkheads for my existing skimmer to hook up to. Left hand compartment is the return/dosing/carbon area.

Edited by reefhunter

Here is a picture of my sump from Jeff 48x18x17 it is sitting in front of my 220 waiting to get started. The Octopus Extreme 300 skimmer will be in the sump area that is 18x18. Finally ready to start my build.

I liked the pics of Bob's (Lanman's) new mixing tank so much that I asked Jeff to make one just like it for me for use as a top off tank. (I was getting tired of refilling my 5 g top off tank every other day!) The new one is SCHWEET!

From this:

What I want is a water mixing tank (with some kind of a lid - |-----------------------|). I want about 40 gallons.

33" tall, by 18 inches wide by 16 inches deep would give me about 40 gallons - and would fit where I want it.

To this:

Old trash can...

oldtrashcan.jpg

New trash can...

newtrashcan.jpg

Thanks, Jeff!!

bob

How cool......You are so addicted..... :)

How cool......You are so addicted..... :)

I've been growing plants since I was about 8... 20 years ago or so, I found out how to make African Violets from the leaves of the plants. Shortly thereafter... I had 170 African Violet plants. I just like growing things - and now the animals get a turn!

bob