NYAquatic.com

L8 2 RISE

Well with all of the discussion NYAquatic recently received on the board, I figured I'd post my experience:

About three weeks ago, many of you will remember I was planning on getting a trio of multibars from LADD but they turned out to be way more than expected. I went ahead and sent an e-mail to Michael at NYAquatic about them, and he said he could probably get them. Last weekend (the 2nd and 3rd) he sent me an e-mail that he had some in, and was I still interested, which of course I was! I honestly was surprised that he followed up because there really are next to no online vendors IME that follow up several weeks after the first communication. I went ahead and ordered three as well as a bunch of other fish, but he told me he wanted to get the angels eating first before he sent the order(another +++). This was on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday I realized that I had forgot to check if some of the stuff in my order was "expert only" and therefore not eligible for his new 14 day guarantee (and that's another + about them right now which proves they're trying to get better). I e-mailed him and found out that the ritteri anemone and the purple queen anthias were on this list and decided that I really didn't want to take the risk ATM. He gladly allowed me to change the order, but in order to do that, he had to cancel it first and then have me re-order so that his stock lists didn't get messed up. During the time between the cancel and me re-placing, two of my items were snatched up, so I changed my order around to the three multibars, a pearly jawfish, and 3 bartletts anthias. I got an e-mail that night from him that was pretty apologetic and said that he thought my order was pretty much cursed because the jawfish had jumped and he realized that a few days before he had sold the bartletts (he had 11) to another vendor. This was a pain, but it was a human mistake and I really wasn't too disappointed because I still had the multibars. He suggested some other anthias and really let me decide what to do, saying that he would gladly hold the multibars until another order came in, or whatever I wanted. I didn

Hey sam, for what its worth I have a purple queen anthias, and it took her some time to start eating frozen foods.. She would eat pods and things in the water column but that was it.. Now she is a pig and eats any and everything.. Thats a sweet lookin fish btw... Glad to hear some positive feedback as well...

Thanks, I think I may try the purple queens further in the future. I just didn't want to have to deal with two types of fish (6 fish total) that were all known for not eating well at the same time.

Glad to hear things worked out with NYA. I am a big fan of the changes he has made in the last 6 months as well. He QT's everything now and added the quarantee which is nice.

Your right too, his prices and communication are a lot better compared to a LOT of other online vendors.

If I can't get fish local I always go to there first.

WOW!!! I've been posting about these guys on RC and had some trouble with one yesterday and unfortunately it passed (still trying to figure it out), but this morning I got an e-mail from michael saying that he'd seen the thread on RC and told me it was clean when it left, so not sure what happened, but he had already issued the DOA credit!! Without me even asking!!! I honestly couldn't believe my eyes, now THAT'S customer service!