Frags for Member Volunteers

rocko918

# 2 Cup Coral, Turbinaria Hold For Sharon (Seppler)

coral_02.jpg

# 3 green zoos Hold for Craig (BeltwayBandit)

coral_03.jpg

# 4 flower pot Goniopora Hold for sfwang Small Frag for Sharon (Seppler)

coral_04.jpg

# 5 flower pot Goniopora

coral_05.jpg

# 7 orange zoos Hold For Rick (rastaman)

coral_07.jpg

# 9 green yellow zoos Hold for Jeff (Keyoke)

coral_09.jpg

Guest Keyoke

nice frags, you got those from frag exhchange? I was mightily upset that my wife pulled a trump card on me and wouldn't let me go sunday to help with the teardown (and av.. darnit) .. something about school and kids and working.. :(

I thought the tooth pick/rubberband mounting technique was nifty.

39293[/snapback]

except most of them fell off. Actually a bunch of them fell off. But i guess when you do it you are not expect to bag them up and move them around. just place them in your tank.

#8 i have no idea what it is. I would like to frag that one, it's bigger than 2 biz cards. Just so i keep a small piece.

I couldn't find the time to volunteer this past weekend...but I did all the graphic design for the program and advertising...

And I'd love frags of whatever you can spare...but it would have to wait a few weeks...I'm going on vacation and won't be back until 10/13....so whatever you can hold for me until that weekend....

Thanks so much!!

Bob,

Got one if it's the same size you need.

Who was it that got the DI resin? I want to get it to them.

I have some frags from the exchange that I can pass to other Volunteers.

They sure liked that big ole tree I gave them. They got about 30 frags from it

according to the girl there.

I will use a dremel or something. Got to get a diamond bit first.

What kind? I have a couple/few diamond bits - I have the diamond coated wheel & a diamond "point" (forget the number).

THe diamond coated wheel. that is what i will need to cut it.

I watched them do it and i am sure i can repeat it.

What kind? I have a couple/few diamond bits - I have the diamond coated wheel & a diamond "point" (forget the number).

39315[/snapback]

Guest Keyoke

I'm gonna donate from my personal stock if I may. The voulenteers were outstanding and the conference was one of the best I've ever attended (and I've been to a lot of conferences, and I'm not just talking aquaria related ones either) - all due to the work of the voulenteers.

Besides those 8 frags aren't going to go far. :)

So -

1 Golf-ball sized head of silver frogspawn

1 small frag of Kenya

1 quarter sized head of Florida Yumia (Orange/purple/green center, like what Dr Mac had)

3 quarter sized heads of blue/purple shroom

I'll need to recharge my camera battery before I can post pics. Rocko, if you get ahold of that bit, lemmie know and I'll swing by so I can frag the frogspawn when I pickup those zoos.

You just want the fiber re-enforced wheels? I got a boat load of them, also the diamond wheel is no longer used (done with tile cutting & I'd never use it again on that :lol: )

I work @ Mason so I could probably drop it/them off anytime.

You just want the fiber re-enforced wheels? I got a boat load of them, also the diamond wheel is no longer used (done with tile cutting & I'd never use it again on that  :lol: )

I work @ Mason so I could probably drop it/them off anytime.

39327[/snapback]

Yeah i would love to get the diamond wheel from you. You think that fiber wheel will work? I guess i could give it a shot. Yes, mason is really close, you would just come down 123 to burke center parkway.

Yeah i would love to get the diamond wheel from you. You think that fiber wheel will work? I guess i could give it a shot.

I'm the last person to ask - I have yet to cut up a coral. I would think the fiber wheels would leave some dust = not good. I'll chuck the diamond wheel in the glove box tonight, just send me a pm & we can work out the drop off.

The fiber wheel will work fine for what you're cutting, it's just got a larger kerf 1/4-3/16 as opposed to 1/8 and the blade wears away. It's not like this stuff is reinforced. :blink:

12 years ago we used a hack saw to my hammer in 1/2 and it was fine. Used a new cast metal cutting blade and it went right through it.