My 215 Oceanic

Gator's link to pics of tank

215 Oceanic with starphire front

-drilled on bottom with 4 x 1" bulkheads for closed loop.

- 2x down to dart pump and 2 x return

- built in 2 x 1" return holes also used as closed loop returns

- Oceans motions 4 way

Will have Sump plumbed in back room

70g stock tank refugium.

Plan to light with 3 x 400w and vho actinics.

Filled with fresh water to test bulkheads and oceansmotions 4-way

Sequence Dart - Dang this is VERY quiet pump! Way more silent than the gen-x mak 4 I use now on 125 and 120.

More to come as I make progress. Still have to paint wall tank will go on and plumb overflows to back room, drill sump and stock tanks. Finish plan for lighting either in canopy or some other system.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you tell that there is fresh water in the tank in the few pics of the entire tank? There is. :D Maybe starfire?

Went down to tank this AM and was still blown away by silence of sequence dart on CL - very quiet. Had to focus to hear it running. And it was kicking some serious water last night when testing in it's flow out of the 1" oceanmotions nozzles.

1st, I'm not very good with camera; 2nd, it was 10:45 pm when I quickly took a few shots to have something to post up.

Few more shots here: (Plus dups of below)

Entire tank:

215%20tank%20010.jpg

Right side tank - bottom closed loop inside of tank

215%20tank%20011.jpg

Closed loop pump & Oceansmotions 4-way on Dart pump

215%20tank%20016.jpg

Plumbing shot (don't mind the overflow tube, had sump in there just to test tank. Sump to go in back room once I finish install. Filled to test bulkheads on CL

215%20tank%20018.jpg

stand doors open to see tank and some of CL plumbing

215%20tank%20021.jpg

Can you tell that there is fresh water in the tank in the few pics of the entire tank?  There is.  :D  Maybe starfire? 

Went down to tank this AM and was still blown away by silence of sequence dart on CL - very quiet.  Had to focus to hear it running.  And it was kicking some serious water last night when testing in it's flow out of the 1" oceanmotions nozzles.

48128[/snapback]

Common Craig!!

Details Details!!!!

How is the plumbing set up?

Are you just using the dart?

what is the flow like?

Give us the run down!!!

So are you going to do gold fish or guppies?

Byron

Common Craig!!

Details Details!!!!

How is the plumbing set up?

Are you just using the dart?

what is the flow like?

Give us the run down!!!

So are you going to do gold fish or guppies?

Byron

48130[/snapback]

uhh Oops ..... I didn't relaize there were more pictures of the plumbing.

But still Guppies or gold fish?

Byron

I will be combining my 125 & 120 into this tank and taking down the other tanks. 120 still available :) hint hint.

Overflows will go to sump in back room. Then will pump to aerofoamer skimmer which will drain into 70g stock tank (it fit in space I had for it, wanted the 100g). Stock tank will drain via 2 holes back to sump. Return will be By Gen-x mak 4 to 2 x 1/2" sea-swirls [i know 1/2" but I already owned them - won 1 at PA club meeting and bought other from cooter blackburn used few years ago]. Plus don't need that much flow through sump. Another Gen-x will feed skimmer.

Also will use a Deltec AP 702 for skimmer

I thought it would be easier to hide the drain holes on CL by butting them out outside of tank and returns in center.

Will also have pair of tunze 6100's on tank for flow too.

Thus, closed loop, sea-swirls and tunze 6100's should give plenty of flow

Comments welcome

Byron = smarty in every crowd. Watch out or I'll drag you over to help me finish the install :o

:idea2: OHH, I'm sure I'll have ton's of frags to sell/trade during move since the 125 is very full of corals that I'm sure will get broken to some extent in move

uhh Oops ..... I didn't relaize there were more pictures of the plumbing.

But still Guppies or gold fish?

Byron

48131[/snapback]

I actually did keep African Cichlids in my tank for a few months before I switched over to salt water. I was still accumulating all of my equipment and I had the tank and had not gotten rid of my FW fish yet so I just popped them into the 120. They seemed to like it.

All these comments of "looking forward to progress" Pressure Pressure

Ssounds like the wife - when you going to finish it and sell the old ones to pay for the new one you already bought :unsure: So much for dream to keep all 3 tanks :whip:

:idea2: All those who say "looking forward to progress" will be summoned to install party :2thumbsup:

I will be combining my 125 & 120 into this tank and taking down the other tanks.  120 still available :) hint hint.

Overflows will go to sump in back room.  Then will pump to aerofoamer skimmer which will drain into 70g stock tank (it fit in space I had for it, wanted the 100g).  Stock tank will drain via 2 holes back to sump.  Return will be By Gen-x mak 4 to 2 x 1/2" sea-swirls [i know 1/2" but I already owned them - won 1 at PA club meeting and bought other from cooter blackburn used few years ago].  Plus don't need that much flow through sump.  Another Gen-x will feed skimmer.

Also will use a euro-reef in-sump for skimming.  [aerofoamer only rated for 180ish & euro-reef is for a 120 so 300g system = use of the skimmers I alreay paid a lot for and wouldn't get much if sold to buy new so why not use two.]

I thought it would be easier to hide the drain holes on CL by butting them out outside of tank and returns in center.

Will also have pair of tunze 6100's on tank for flow too.

Thus, closed loop, sea-swirls and tunze 6100's should give plenty of flow 

Comments welcome

Byron = smarty in every crowd.   Watch out or I'll drag you over to help me finish the install  :o

:idea2: OHH, I'm sure I'll have ton's of frags to sell/trade during move since the 125 is very full of corals that I'm sure will get broken to some extent in move

48133[/snapback]

Let me know if you need some help I would be more than willing to give you a hand.

I really want to see your 125 as well. :-)

Byron

Great looking setup sir!

What is the footprint on the 125?

Call when you need help, will do my best to stop in!

Howard

sell the old ones to pay for the new one you already bought

I know that feeling - sold a piece of equip the other night.......my wife cheered when it left the house :o

• 1 month later...

New Updates 1/25/06 -- Lighting hood came today (yes tank is dirty and wires out) I just put in bulbs and hooked it up to see what it looked like. 400w Blueline MH with 15K XM bulbs [no actinics on in photos]

DSCN2503.JPG

DSCN2505.JPG

DSCN2507.JPG

Just waiting on a few savko.com fittings and plumbing will be done and can do fresh water test on entire tank. Whoot! :D

Just tell me this isn't going to Bare bottomed-

I know you have had several offers, butlet me know whenever you need moving help-

Regards,

Just tell me this isn't going to Bare bottomed-

Hey...........I resemble that remark :lol:

What-do-ya have against bare bottoms.....well, in certain circumstances...and only in reference to............oh crap, never mind.

:lol:

Nice tank!

I have to finish plumbing in back room (drill sump and stock tank / fuge) and add few connections. Also extend pipe on closed loop screen seen in above pic.

I'm sure I will have lots of frags (to sell, trade give at next meeting) when I move stuff over & maybe a few yellow tangs to sell off if anyone wants them. I got a few hundred boston aquafarm plugs for the oops factor in moving corals.

Last purchase is some carib sea crushed coral mix. -- who has best price in area?

Craig,

How much do you want for about 50 of the boston aquafarm plugs?

:idea2:  All those who say "looking forward to progress" will be summoned to install party  :2thumbsup:

48137[/snapback]

Looking forward to progress :whip:

Just let me know when the party is.

Love the way you did the closed loop, btw.

• 1 month later...