Fuge turnover per hour

flowerseller

This is my second question in the "flow series" that I'd like to hear about.

What:

size is your fuge? (gallons)

gph that flow thru it. *

*this has nothing to do with circulation inside. just what passes in and out per hour.

Size tank it's on.

flow directly into tank or somewhere else. (sump?)

total water volume of system.

Please don't be shy, I'm not looking for a right or correct answer.

Just numbers.

Thanks for participating,

also look at tank to sump turnover

The fancy answer.

size of fuge

mine will be 7.5-8 gallons (DIY - HOB)

gph that flow thru it.

N/A yet (on the lines of 80-100gph)

Size tank it's on.

220h

will draw flow from a split return-thru fuge-directly back into main tank

about 270 - 280, 7.8-8 more when fuge is connected.

or best:

mine will be 7.5-8 gallons (DIY - HOB)

N/A yet (on the lines of 80-100gph)

220h

will draw flow from a split return-thru fuge-directly back into main tank

about 270 - 280, 7.8-8 more when fuge is connected.

Tanks 75 g

fuge about 15 gallons

Flow- Hard to say, i have the 700 gph pump but when it drains into the sump it is split via a tee, but most of the water goes toward the skimmer chamber. A small amount goes to the fuge.

total volume about 105 g

I've got a 58RR so it's realistically around 48-50 gallons, plus a 20L sump that's kept about 1/2 full, so I have about 58 gallons total when you count live rock. My fuge is a top of the tank fuge and is about 4-5 gallons by eyeballing it (not sure exactly how many gallons it is). One compartment is really a surge device which has not really been working so great of late because I need to add some flow, but the others two compartments are refugium/holding. One has chaeto and some snails in it, the other has some reef grade sand, some peppermint shrimp I'm "growing out", a brittle star that's temporarily being housed there until I get the tanks moved back into school, a tiny serpent star, and an urchin that's also headed for school once summer is over. I don't know how much flow there is, but the surge, when it was working properly (the pump has slowed down over time and it's not pumping enough anymore) was running about every minute or two, so it's probably not running at more than 60 gallons per hour, but considering the size of the fuge, it's turning over fairly quickly, but the flow is very dispersed so it's not exactly churning. As an example, flake food makes its way very slowly to the last chamber if dropped on top of the fuge.

I've got a 58RR so it's realistically around 48-50 gallons, plus a 20L sump that's kept about 1/2 full, so I have about 58 gallons total when you count live rock. My fuge is a top of the tank fuge and is about 4-5 gallons by eyeballing it (not sure exactly how many gallons it is). One compartment is really a surge device which has not really been working so great of late because I need to add some flow, but the others two compartments are refugium/holding. One has chaeto and some snails in it, the other has some reef grade sand, some peppermint shrimp I'm "growing out", a brittle star that's temporarily being housed there until I get the tanks moved back into school, a tiny serpent star, and an urchin that's also headed for school once summer is over. I don't know how much flow there is, but the surge, when it was working properly (the pump has slowed down over time and it's not pumping enough anymore) was running about every minute or two, so it's probably not running at more than 60 gallons per hour, but considering the size of the fuge, it's turning over fairly quickly, but the flow is very dispersed so it's not exactly churning. As an example, flake food makes its way very slowly to the last chamber if dropped on top of the fuge.

So it's safe to record:

4-5g fuge drains to a 58g tank with 60g flow thru the fuge?

Hi Chip!!

lets see

~30g fuge

~20g sump

flows sump to fuge then another sumpish space all in a 75g tank

~600-800 gph

goes on a 150g

So it's safe to record:

4-5g fuge drains to a 58g tank with 60g flow thru the fuge?

I added another pump after seeing this thread as I was sick of not having the surge work so now I'd say it's down to a 3-4 gallon fuge to a 58g tank with about 75g flow through the fuge (the pump was too noisy as is so I added the outlet for the pump into the macro chamber and it basically flows over the top but doesn't disturb the bottom of the fuge). I'll try and record an mpeg of it and post it.

What:

size is your fuge? (gallons)

28gallons

gph that flow thru it. *

*this has nothing to do with circulation inside. just what passes in and out per hour.

500gph

Size tank it's on.

54gallon

tank

80gallons actual water

Fuge is 29 gallons

GPH though it is hard to say... probably 500-800GPH

Tank size is 180 Gallons

It flows back into the sump... maybe I should describe a little bit.

I have 2 drains on my 180RR tank... 1 flows directly into my sump (into a skimmer bucket). The other comes down and Ts. 1 T goes into my sump (skimmer bucket) 2nd goes into my refugium which then overflows into my sump. Total flow through the system is 2000GPH, how much is actually going through the fuge... guess is 500-800GPH.

Dave

You have my curiosity piqued...

"Please don't be shy, I'm not looking for a right or correct answer. Just numbers."

What is your objective? Are you compiling a group profile and will publish it?

It seems odd just to want to know numbers. Do you hope to conclude anything from this?

This is just a friendly query. I am interested to know.

fab

chip used to be a mechanic so he like the numbers. most mechanics like to read about specs. i know i am one ;-). but i'll let chip answer that one so i dont assume.

BTW he is a pedal pusher now so if you needs flowers plants or arrangements. see him!

this concludes the shameless plug!

You have my curiosity piqued...

"Please don't be shy, I'm not looking for a right or correct answer. Just numbers."

What is your objective? Are you compiling a group profile and will publish it?

It seems odd just to want to know numbers. Do you hope to conclude anything from this?

This is just a friendly query. I am interested to know.

fab

Hey, ..... I'm the one asking questions here.

Anyone else before I finnish?