65 Gallon, Cedar Lane Elementary

dbartco

So we started a new tank at Cedar Lane. The previous 33 gallon tank did not provide enough room with the center overflow, so we upgraded! We now have a 65 gallon tank. There was a bit of an issue getting the tank's canopy done, so I put off the installation until after the winter holiday. I will try to list the donors of the items as best I can.

Tank: 65 gallon (Bamainva's old tank)

Home Made Canopy to match stand

Sump: (Davelin315)

Circulation: Mag 9.5 return (Davelin315), 3/4 " Seaswirl, MJ1200 with Maximod,

Lighting: 2 150W Metal Halide (OUsnakebyte)

Inhabitants:

Fish: Coral Beauty Angel, 3 Blue Chromis (previous tank), 2 Bangaii Cardinals, 2 Orange Ocellaris, Yellow Goby (zotzer), Six Line Wrasse,

Inverts: 2 BTA Anemones, Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, 3 Peppermint Shrimp, Nassarius Snails (previous tank), Mexican Turbo Snails, Trochus snails,

Corals: Green Trumpet Coral (Coral Hind), Green Sinularia (Coral Hind), Green zoanthids (Coral Hind), Purple fungia (cowrie) , Briarium(lhcorals), Green Star Polyps(lhcorals), Sarchophyton (flowerseller), Orange Zoanthids, Fox coral, Green Torch Coral, green pocillopora,

Pictures:

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

IMG_4677.jpg

IMG_4678.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

Gave a talk there on Thurs AM, so we should have some good questions on here soon!

yes I need to clean the glass

yes I need better aquascaping

:)

Looks good, Doug. Glad to see that things made it past the move pretty well. Have the trumpets come out yet?

Doug, looks great. I have some stuff to add some color, if you want some :-) a bunch of palys and zoos. some already mounted and some to frag. LMK if you want to come by

Wayne

Aww, that's cute, you put a pic of yourself on the canopy... next to the fish.

I can give you some torches and maybe some other stuff if you want to swing by.

EDIT: I forgot! I have a large rock of blue shrooms at school in the horse tank donated by wfoxfox. I'm just worried that with that many they'll sting the horses, so I cut some off and put them on the main column and pushed the rock to the side until I could figure out what to do with it. It also has a few aptaisia that I really don't want to spread into the tank- there's only 3 or so I think. If you want, lmk and I'll bring it home from school next time we actually have school, and you can pick it up with the torch.

Edited by L8 2 RISE

Aww, that's cute, you put a pic of yourself on the canopy... next to the fish.

The teacher did that so the kids would realize I wasn't some nut job child predator!

I will definetly take some Sam and Wayne! Let me finish shoveling and we'll talk.

The trumpets were put in there minutes before the pic. They were out today when i stopped by.

• 1 month later...

We love the tank, the fish seem to make everyone happy - we hope to have questions for you very soon.

Thank you again for your informative presentation. The kids really enjoyed it.

Amy,

I'm glad the tank is working out and the kids are learning and enjoying from it.

Doug,

I have a few other corals to donate to the tank if you want them.

Amy,

I'm glad the tank is working out and the kids are learning and enjoying from it.

Doug,

I have a few other corals to donate to the tank if you want them.

We would love them!!

• 2 months later...

took a little vid of the tank last week. I havn't had a lot of time to help with the tank with the new kid at home. They are using non-RO water, so there is some cyano on the sandbed. I need more water changes and some phosphate removing media to rid some of that. ATO not working so well wither. We need a new maxijet for that, but otherwise things going steady and running pretty smoothly.

Note the little anem in the corner. It was the other half of the BTA in the tank, but never has taken off. Looks bleached, but surviving fine. Stupid clowns have't found the anem yet! Also need one of those aiptasia zappers!

th_VID00002.jpg