Is D&D The Terminator 2 skimmer good for my 120 gallons tank?

Justin

Do u guys hear about this D&D The Terminator 2 skimmer ?

is that good?? it rate up 300 gallons. and and it good for 300 tanks. I saw in SUPPER PET in Annandale. They used same thing in their 90 bow front Gallons too.

It can be in sump and out side???

SO let me know what all ur thinking about it before im going buy it? or any suggest skimmer for my 120 gallons..

THanksbiggrin.gif

I agree with z2k and the three choices he listed. I run an ASM G-3 on my extremely heavy stocked 120 and it runs fine.

Looking on the net it gets mixed reviews but mostly a thumbs down.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/reefs-beginners/47393-terminator-2-protein-skimmer.html

If you want local product support you can't beat the boys at AVAST.

I've heard really good things about the Avast skimmer. I have a Reef Dynamics (formerly Euro-reef) and it absolutely rocks. IMO the best one that I've had for the money. Granted, I've not tried the Avast.

rate up 300 gallons
IMO, ratings are meaningless. I've seen skimmers rated at half other models and they pull more stuff than the one that is rated at twice the load and that's running side-by-side on the same tank. Edited by Larry Grenier

I would try a ev180 or the next size up AQUAc skimmer. For the amount of skimming they do they have a very small footprint. Also they are downdraft skimmers so you dont need to buy a mesn or needle impeller. I have used several AquaC skimmerrs and love them. I am now using a euroreef and it is a very nice machine, in my cube i am using a ETSS sumpbuddy. IT ROCKS. My next skimmer however will be an avast, just waiting for them to get the pump mounted in the bottom of the housing.

I would try a ev180 or the next size up AQUAc skimmer. For the amount of skimming they do they have a very small footprint. Also they are downdraft skimmers so you dont need to buy a mesn or needle impeller. I have used several AquaC skimmerrs and love them. I am now using a euroreef and it is a very nice machine, in my cube i am using a ETSS sumpbuddy. IT ROCKS. My next skimmer however will be an avast, just waiting for them to get the pump mounted in the bottom of the housing.

i do have Aquac C EV120 but i think it not enough to handle my 120 gallons... So all ur anwer is NO to DD marine skimmer II.......... SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdangry.gif

Because i have good deal of that skimmer if i want to buy it.. BUt look like no one like it that skimmer ....... So i have to think about it................

Because i have good deal of that skimmer if i want to buy it.. BUt look like no one like it that skimmer ....... So i have to think about it................

I'm not sure that's 100% right, Justin. From looking at the post, nobody here has firsthand experience with the D&D Terminator 2 skimmer. They are offering advice regarding skimmers that they DO have some experience with.

Here's a couple of links to consider:

http://www.reefcentral.org/forums/showthread.php?p=12205271 (from 2008)

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861763 (from 2006)

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1761599 (from 2009, regarding pump failures)

You can get more links from this search: Google this

Even if a D&D was on sale for 30 bucks I'd still pass. They are CRAP

hahah ..wat the ... haha even 30 u pass it. I can tell u dont like D&D Marine skimmer at all. hahah

thannks

I had a Octopus NW 200 on my 265, it did a good job. Since i did the system upgrade and have quite a bit more water volume i have the ETSS 1800 down draft skimmer. This thing kicks butt. Down draft for me for now on.

I had a Octopus NW 200 on my 265, it did a good job. Since i did the system upgrade and have quite a bit more water volume i have the ETSS 1800 down draft skimmer. This thing kicks butt. Down draft for me for now on.

+1

dOWNDRAFT SKIMMERS FOR 12+ YEARS

So do u still have Octopus NW 200.. let me know.. i like Octpous skimmer but their price is killing me. haha

My next skimmer however will be an avast, just waiting for them to get the pump mounted in the bottom of the housing.

2011 models with this configuration should be ready in 2-3 weeks.

i have aquac C ev-120 and coralife rate up to 200 gallons.. But im not happy with that.. so i have been looking skimmer that i really like and work perfect

unsure.gif

How many skimmer threads do you have?? wacko.gif

I did a search. He has two. One on the D&D Terminator 2 (this one) and one on the SWC 150.

i have aquac C ev-120 and coralife rate up to 200 gallons.. But im not happy with that.. so i have been looking skimmer that i really like and work perfect

unsure.gif

Justin, what are your objectives with this system that you're building? Is this going to be a reef tank, with stony corals? One with soft corals? A primarily fish-only tank? Why are you dissatisfied with your existing skimmer(s)?

Please tell us more about your setup. What's your system like now? Do you run carbon? What kind of filtration do you have? How old is is the system? Does it have a sand bed? If so, how deep is it and what kind of substrate do you have? Do you have a sump? Bioballs? Refugium? If so, what's in the refugium? Do you use granular activated carbon? Do you dose kalkwasser or some other supplement?

What are your water parameters? Temperature, pH, nitrates, phosphates, calcium and alkalinity?

Yes, these are a lot of questions, but I'm trying to understand, first, what you're trying to accomplish with your tank and, second, what issues you're having with your system as it stands today. (By the way, depending upon the issues that you're suffering today, it could get a lot worse if you start adding large fish with big appetites - like those tangs you've spoken of in another thread, as the water quality can begin to suffer very, very quickly.)