Question for LFS or Online stores

Vadim

Any of you carry "The Complete Illustrated Breeder's Guide to Marine Aquarium Fishes"? Or have a suggestion on a better book or articles to read on breeding?

You can find that book on amazon for about 30 bucks. Another Great book is Joyce Wilkerson's "Clownfishes", I bought it just the other week and couldnt put it down, I read the book in about 3 days. Lots of good information not only on clownfishes but on breeding set-ups, rearing fish, and even alot of other useful marine info. her book had the best explanation of the nitrogen cycle then I have ever read anywhere.

I know they sell it on Amazon but i wanted to pick it up tomorrow if i could from a LFS. But if all else fails, i'll order it from Amazon. Thanks for the suggestion, i'll definitely look for that book also.

Wilkerson's book is kinda "rare", not many people wanting to give up their copy and not any still available retail. People are asking ridiculous amounts even for used books. Usually a used copy had been going for about 80-100 dollars, and There was a new one on amazon a few weeks ago for $450. I found an online store that was selling them for normal retail price, $40. I found it from an article of Reef Builders that Matt Pederson wrote. Here's the link to the vendor.

http://store.drtimsaquatics.com/Clownfishes_p_230.html

Wilkerson's book is kinda "rare", not many people wanting to give up their copy and not any still available retail. People are asking ridiculous amounts even for used books. Usually a used copy had been going for about 80-100 dollars, and There was a new one on amazon a few weeks ago for $450. I found an online store that was selling them for normal retail price, $40. I found it from an article of Reef Builders that Matt Pederson wrote. Here's the link to the vendor.

http://store.drtimsaquatics.com/Clownfishes_p_230.html

^^I'll bet I'm not the only one that took advantage of the link that you provided earlier (in Sam's thread) to Dr. Tim's. I got my book several days ago but can't say that I've dived into it yet like you have.

^^I'll bet I'm not the only one that took advantage of the link that you provided earlier (in Sam's thread) to Dr. Tim's. I got my book several days ago but can't say that I've dived into it yet like you have.

Yes, very nice of Dr. Tim's not to price gouge the public. Im surprised he still has any left, as that was a few weeks ago, I think he said he had about 2 dozen. Just another great vendor that isnt just looking to make a quick buck.

Its a very good book, I learned alot from reading. I couldnt put it down, althought thats true with most books I read. I can read a 400 page novel in 3 days, but thats entertainment, while this was very informative. Thats probably the reason it took me the 3 days to read it, even with half of 200 pages being pictures. Which is another great part of the book, lots of great pics of clownfish. I had never seen a Seychelles Clown before, they look incredible and wanted one after seeing it, but only to find out they are very rare and hard to come by.

Any of you carry "The Complete Illustrated Breeder's Guide to Marine Aquarium Fishes"? Or have a suggestion on a better book or articles to read on breeding?

I have a few marine books but I doubt any of us LFS are going to have that one.

John