food at meetings?

LanglandJoshua

Food at meetings?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like cake?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you be interested in helping?

• Yes
    • No

After some comments of cake on another topic of mine. There was some interest in making a shrimp cake. So I figured it would be a good idea to bring that topic on over here.

It got me thinking of food at our meetings. I wonder if some of us donated a few frags and auctioned them, maybe we could have some fun cakes. Or even if a member chose to donate it. I could probably find a frag in my tank to donate. I dont have anything high dollar, yet. Is there any interest? I'm not an officer in the club, just coming up with some ideas and having a bit of fun while I'm at it.

If you were to make a cake depicting your favorite tank critter(anything living in there). What would it be, and how would you do it?

I know there are some imaginative minds in here, I look forward to seeing what you think of!

As I mentioned in the previous topic, once I get my 120 added on I think I will have another project. How to make a cake look like a peppermint shrimp. There was some debate about if it should taste like shrimp, I have a sweet tooth. So mine would have to taste like peppermint!

I will get started, my favorite critter would have to be my engineer goby. Its always interesting seeing the goby dig around in the tank. Even more so watching the sand shift every few days into another configuration. So I would want to make a sheet cake, and cut it to look like the body of the goby. Putting some vanilla and chocolate icing on the cake for the color pattern on the body. Then throw in some cake around it, for a sand wrap around. Of course I doubt it would look like what I'm thinking of. But sometime soon, I'll have to try! I'm getting hungry...

(edited)

I think some of us were planning to make a post closer to Frag Fest meeting time, about foods people may want to bring to the meeting if they choose to do it. I know what I'm planning to bring.... it's not cake.

Edited by treesprite