I know others are following this

Chad

Very Cool!!!! Can't wait to see if any fry survive.

place your bets now- none of the fry will look like the mother. I got $20 on that- who's gonna match it?

None may, but a decent cross-breeding program might result in some several years down the line. Matt has his work cut out for him in that case.

Cool markings.

I was reading through updates there just yesterday. Very cool that the first set of eggs came in. Here's to many more :)

place your bets now- none of the fry will look like the mother. I got $20 on that- who's gonna match it?

Hey, I'm supposed to be the one collecting those bets! I'm 50/50 on whether this will be genetic and dominant, or something else.

.. but MAN that tank is FULL OF APTASIA!!!

Actually it's NOT. The Foureye Butterflyfish gets it all...except where the Maroon pair prevents the butteflyfish from going (basically their spawning territory). This is to be expected, since Butterflyfish are natural predators of anemones (and thus a clownfish's home). The Aiptasia came in on a frag, and that was all it took.

If I took the clownfish out of the tank, the aiptasia problem would be completely under control.

Shame about round #1, Matt, but best of luck as they get the hang of it (and maybe they'll hit the tile next time!). She is absolutely gorgeous!

Shame about round #1, Matt, but best of luck as they get the hang of it (and maybe they'll hit the tile next time!). She is absolutely gorgeous!

The solution is bigger tile ;) Which I have.

Hey, I'm supposed to be the one collecting those bets! I'm 50/50 on whether this will be genetic and dominant, or something else.

LOL, thanks for popping in to post, Matt!

This is one that I have no idea what will happen, but it has been an interesting story to watch, that's for sure. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Actually it's NOT. The Foureye Butterflyfish gets it all...except where the Maroon pair prevents the butteflyfish from going (basically their spawning territory). This is to be expected, since Butterflyfish are natural predators of anemones (and thus a clownfish's home). The Aiptasia came in on a frag, and that was all it took.

If I took the clownfish out of the tank, the aiptasia problem would be completely under control.

Butterfly fish rock.

Congrats to Matt P! I've been following this project on and off since the beginning, and it's hard to believe it's been two years already.

• 10 months later...

Who's still following? Anyone want to bet on retail of the fry? They'll be hitting market soon... I'm going to go with $3,300.

Pool on it?

Oh, and Rob... I think you owe Matt $20.

Will I get free shipping if i get this with a Gem Tang ? :cool:

LOL, I hope so!!