Gone out of hobby, tanks for sale...

DaveS

As mentioned in this WAMAS Fish Rescuethread, a hobbyist recently passed away and the surviving spouse has asked me to help dispose of the tanks and equipment. Most of the items are being donated to WAMAS but there are a few bigger items that he would like to sell to recoup some of his costs.

He's got a 265G FOWLR setup he wants to sell. This setup includes tank, custom stand, 55G sump, skimmer and other accessories. Cost is $1500 picture of tank is below. Tank contents are NOT included in the price.

IMG_2618.jpg

He's also got a 120/125 tank, stand canopy for $250. Picture is below, will get exact dimensions tomorrow.

IMG_2619.jpg

Lastly he's got a 120/125 tank only for $175. Picture is below, will get exact dimensions tomorrow.

IMG_2620.jpg

If you are considering the 265, please look at the fish rescue thread above. If you play your cards right and help with the fish rescue, you will likely have 5-6 others there who, in return, can help you transport the tank. This will make your life MUCH easier....

If you are interested, please let me know and I will help coordinate this. Please do keep in mind that it's not my stuff and I'm just helping a stranger out in his time of need. I may not have all the info you want immediately but will do what I can to get it and help. Understandably he doesn't want his name/info out there to get a bunch of calls right now.

Answers to a few questions I got via PM.

1) I don't know for sure the state of the dry tanks. But judging by the way the operating ones were kept, they are probably all in fine shape. The operational tanks have power cords label, equipment tagged, under cabinet lighting and a bunch of other stuff. She kept her systems in great shape and had a tremendous attention for details. I gotta thing that means the dry tanks were in good shape. One still has the label on it so it looks like it's never been used.

2) I don't think any of the tanks are drilled. Most of the ones I saw had overflows, even the 265!

I just got updated dimensions and sizes. Looks like we were a little off on things.

Tank with stand and canopy is 48"Lx18"Dx24T- probably a 90 gallon.

Tank by itself is 72"Lx18"Dx22"T- sounds like a 125.

125 has been sold! More info on the other tanks:

90G is REEF READY! There are 2 dual T12 fixtures that fit under the canopy for anyone interested. He's also got a 20L sump, skimmer, return pump and other related equipment available.

265 includes all equipment! This means the 55G sump, UV, Skimmer, Return pump, Korallia powerheads, UPS, and a NEW chiller. There's also a matching canopy that just needs a little elbow grease. This is a huge deal for anyone that can take a 7' tank.

Bump.

Theres also a 55 for sale. Somewhat beat up so not going to be a display. Would workngreat as a sump, frag or qt tank. $45

Lastly is a 29g with stand and hood. $40. Pick for both of these tanks at Dave Lins in herndon.

(edited)

A bump as well as a summary post since the information came in bits and pieces and I'm sure it's difficult to figure out. Here is are the tanks available for sale:

Purchase from the owner:

90G reef ready tank. Includes 2 dual T12 fixtures that fit under the canopy for anyone interested. $250 for tank/stand/canopy. There is also a 20L sump, skimmer, return pump and other related equipment available which may get thrown in for cheap/free.

265 tanks with all equipment. This means the 55G sump, UV, Skimmer, Return pump, Korallia powerheads, UPS, and a NEW chiller. There's also a matching canopy that just needs a little elbow grease. This is a huge deal for anyone that can take a 7' tank. It's not reef ready but does have overflows. It's perfect as a FOWLR which is what it currently is and just needs bulkheads and lighting to be a great reef tank. Price- $1500

Pictures of the tanks above and pickup is in Berwyn Heights, MD just off the Beltway.

Purchase from WAMAS

55G tank. Somewhat beat up so not going to be a display. Would work great as a sump, frag or qt tank. $45

29g with stand and hood. $40.

These two tanks were donated to WAMAS and are available for pick at Dave Lin's in Herndon, VA. The money for these two tanks will go to WAMAS for funding school tanks and other WAMAS efforts.

Edited by DaveS

• 4 weeks later...

has two 125 tank been sold?

The 125 tanks were sold the day of the breakdown. The 265 and the 29 are remaining.